Brushing and flossing should be a part of your everyday routine, that includes brushing twice a day and flossing once a day. Taking good care of your oral health is absolutely essential to your overall good health and is unquestionably the best way for you to avoid any future dental issues. But did you know there are certain ways you can brush and floss that offer the best results? Making sure you are able to reach all areas of the tooth in order to completely remove all food particles is very important when it comes to avoiding cavities.
How well do you brush and floss your teeth? If it happens to be time for your six month examination be sure to call us today for an appointment.
Five tips for brushing, flossing
The following are five really great tips that will help dental patients better take care of their teeth. In order to help keep teeth clean between brushings, it is important to know that eating fruits and vegetables throughout the day can naturally clean the teeth.
1. Brush for two minutes. Most dentists agree that two minutes is the perfect amount of time to brush one’s teeth.
2. Do not forget the back teeth. The back teeth are often the most neglected, which can lead to one getting a lot of cavities.
3. Start brushing in a different place every time. This is a great way to make sure that the entire tooth is brushed as the areas brushed last often get neglected due to the brusher wanting to be done.
4. Clean the toothbrush. Thoroughly cleaning the toothbrush will help to remove any harmful bacteria that tends to build up over time.
5. Replace every 4 months. The bristles of a toothbrush wear out quickly making it a good idea to replace it about every four months.
Five mistakes to avoid when brushing, flossing
The following are 5 common mistakes dental patients should try to avoid when it comes to brushing and flossing their teeth properly:
1. Choosing the wrong toothbrush.
2. Brushing too hard.
3. Flossing too hard.
4. Brushing in a back and forth motion.
5. Ignoring the gums.
Brushing and flossing your teeth are two of the most important things you can do to take proper care of your teeth. By following the above tips you can be sure that when you brush and floss you are removing all of the food particles that can create the tartar buildup that eventually leads to your getting cavities. If you happen to be someone who leaves the water running when brushing your teeth please understand that leaving it on for a full 2 minutes is a lot of water waste. Instead, try to do something else when brushing your teeth, like watching the news.
If you have any questions call Rivers Family Dentistry at (979) 710-2216.
A knocked-out tooth is not something to take lightly. If you do not preserve this tooth in the proper manner, your dentist will find it is difficult or even impossible to place it back in …
A cavity is the unfortunate result of tooth decay. Tooth decay is largely due to the foods and beverages one consumes as well as one's oral health regimen. Exposure to fluoride in toothpaste and tap …
If you need dental restorations, visit our office for natural looking and durable restorations. We can provide you with dental bonding, dental veneers, dental crowns or dental fillings in Bryan to restore your teeth's appearance …
There are many restorative solutions that you should consider if you are having a damaged tooth repaired in our dentist office. Very often, people call our office concerned that they will need to have a tooth extracted …